( for spm candidates: Best of Luck can find quest fr revision here)
Ramai diantara kita yang menghadapi masaalah ketika nak buat presentation dan juga public speaking..malah ade yang rasa gementar,takut ,nak terkucil dan bermacam2 rasa lagi.Perasaan ni berlaku bila kita diminta utk berucap,present,dsb.For me this is normal..a bit ketaq is normal to boost yr idea..sy teringat sewaktu menghadiri kursus TK3 di hotel Int KL...setiap org kena present 3 bahagian iaitu power point,speaking and group presentation.
Yang paling lucu ialah public speaking in English..semua orang like zombii tak ade yg duduk ..practising sambil menunggu pengadil dtg nak nilai sorang2...wp guru dah biasa bercakap kat depan tapi nampak sgt semua nervous..yalah kena bercakap sorang kat depan and the rest tgk kita while two person judging us to give marks.."aiyoo butterflies in the stomach"kata cikgu india sebelah sy..padahal dia cair BI..tapi bila turn dia speaking aku tgk ckp merapu je..out of topic.
Hmm..mujur PTK dah dimansuhkan..beruntunglah yg tak pernah lalui PTK mcm kita org..seminggu full kena torcher gara2 nak naik pangkat..ishish.
Tapi sy rasa mereka yg tak lalui pengalaman mcm kami tu yg sebenarnya rugi hehe..
"For one thing ,public speaking is the royal road to self-confidence.The ability to communicate effectively with others and win their cooperation is an asset for in men moving to the top."
Jadi kita kena tanamkan sifat yakin diri supaya berani bila diminta berucap didepan khalayak.
Tips For Presentation:
- Know the needs of your audience and match your contents to their needs.
- Know your material thoroughly. Put what you have to say in a logical sequence.
- Ensure your speech will be captivating to your audience as well as worth their time and attention.
- Practice and rehearse your speech at home or where you can be at ease and comfortable, in front of a mirror, your family, friends or colleagues.
- Use a tape-recorder and listen to yourself. Videotape your presentation and analyze it.
- Know what your strong and weak points are.
- Emphasize your strong points during your presentation.
- When you are presenting in front of an audience, you are performing as an actor is on stage.
- How you are being perceived is very important.
- Dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Be solemn if your topic is serious.
- Present the desired image to your audience. Look pleasant, enthusiastic, confident, proud, but not arrogant.
- Remain calm. Appear relaxed, even if you feel nervous.
- Speak slowly, enunciate clearly, and show appropriate emotion and feeling relating to your topic.
- Establish rapport with your audience.
- Speak to the person farthest away from you to ensure your voice is loud enough to project to the back of the room.
- Vary the tone of your voice and dramatize if necessary.
- If a microphone is available, adjust and adapt your voice accordingly.